Thursday, November 4, 2010

When Everyone Is In Charge...

This week my plan was to find the nativity costumes for the Christmas parade.  I found the labeled box but it held no costumes.  This is what happens when "everyone is in charge" it means no one is in charge.  I have sent a mass email out asking if anyone knows the whereabouts of the costumes but so far I haven't gotten any responses. 
I also ventured into the outside storage this week to have a look at the painted animals that go along with the float.  They are in good condition but the storage closet is a health hazard.  It looked like a haunted house with everything covered in dust and an extreme amount of spider webs.  I had planned on taking the shop vac to it but wouldn't you know, it was raining and very windy.  Some other time then.

I prefer to work with adults on the parade but children are way more fun to see.  Look at these darlings!  I found this on the web and was hoping it was about making the costumes.  It was actually a bizarre article from Great Britain about parents spending mega bucks on their child's nativity costumes. 
Anyway, I'm just going to have to find a willing family or two to volunteer.  I'm beginning to see that I will have to be careful and not ask my friends too much or they'll start avoiding me!

No comments:

Post a Comment