Friday, November 12, 2010

Parade Problems

This week I cleaned out that outside storage closet.  It wasn't as bad as I was expecting but there was plenty of rodent evidence.  I found all the painted animals for the Christmas float were in great shape but the manger was falling to pieces.  The nativity costumes were not in there.  That leaves me coming up with some in the next few weeks.
I'm rather excited about this after looking at some patterns.  I don't want to sew them but I might have too.

This is Simplicity pattern 4795.  I see it's the details that make outfit.  I'm going to some yard sales tomorrow morning to see if I can find anything we could use.  I did purchase a shepherd's crook from Oriental Trading Company .  The shipping and handling was more than the item but that's okay.  The crook is made to come apart for easy storage, I love that.
Chuck volunteered to be on the float and I will be an angel.  Once Katherine heard that, she insisted that she be in the parade as well.  I found a lamb costume on Martha Stewart's site that will work well.  She'll be delighted to wear it.  I bought the hats from Hobby Lobby in their t-shirt and decal section.  They were less than $2 on sale.  I came home and made the ears and sewed them on.  It turned out so cute!

Luckily, my dad volunteered to fix the manger and I'm hoping the men will build us another stable.  Maybe this one will be made to come apart for storage.  The last one spent all year outside and is no longer safe to use.
I bought a beautiful large gold star from Hobby Lobby today as well to go on top of the stable.  I'm thinking we could put a spotlight on it and add a little magic sparkle.  This thing is slowly coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment